Tuesday, January 6, 2009

YOU irritate yourself.

As i was going on with the day with my usual irritations and happiness i started thinking. Someone can't give you offence, or give you irritation. In actuality, things come from within. One could say, you offend yourself. Becoming offended, irritated, angry, or annoyed is a choice. No one has that kind of power over you.


I had trouble realizing this for the first 17 years of my life. I didn't realize my reactions were choices. I was at the whim of things i'd been conditioned to believe. If someone said something negative about me, i would react with anger. It was never a concious choice for me.

But now i know. And therefor i bring reality that my reactions are all choices.

And now, i try and react in a way that will bring peace and minimize the conflicts and drama it brings me, and the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment